Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boys Have Cooties.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Yesterday Nora went to a day of beauty for one of her classmates birthday. It was held at a local saloon. (Hey, it's a small town...we gotta multi-task. Either that or I cannot spell.) The girls all had their toe and finger nails done and their hair styled. All the attendees had an absolute blast.

This is why ALL boys have cooties:






Check the nails:



In less unsettling news:

I finally brewed again. Yesterday's batch was the long awaited vanilla porter. This morning, I am happy to report, it was bubbling away. The little yeasties were eating up the sugar, making alcohol and releasing carbon dioxide. It will be a test of my patience on this brew as I have been looking forward to making it for about a year. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have one beautiful girl! Let's hope boy cooties keep her free of them until she's at least 18. MIL

Anonymous said...

Let's hope that her one day of excessive beauty is quickly replaced by her love of running, piano, and creating things. That should stave off the desire to have anything to do with 'evil boys' who definitely have 'cooties'!

Love,
Grandma of Beautiful Nora