Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lesson Learned 2

I do not really learn lessons well at all. So, I am sure the event I am about to relay will have no lasting impression on me at all. Hopefully it helps one of you.

An assistant manager from a local KFC came into the warehouse yesterday. He was there to pick up an order HE called in. I capitalized the word "he" as it is very important. I walked over to the area where we keep our tickets for pick up. There was a order there for 5 cases of chicken for the Glen St KFC. I assumed, (you know what assume means, right?) that the ticket was for him. Off I went to the cooler to get the 5 cases of chicken. I brought them out, loaded them onto my two-wheeler, and took them out to his vehicle. At that point he and I (yes, he helped me) loaded the 5 cases of chicken into his car.

Did I mention that these cases of chicken weigh 50 lbs each? No? These cases of chicken weigh 50 lbs a piece.

Back into the warehouse we go to sign the ticket. He looks at the ticket, notices it is for the Glen St. KFC, and says, "this is for Glen? I am from Bartonville. I was pretty sure I did not need any chicken; only a case of potato wedges".

WOW!

I wonder at what point he realized the five 50 lb cases of chicken were not the one case of potato wedges he actually wanted?

What did I learn? When you assume that a KFC assistant manager knows what he ordered 15 minutes ago, you make an "ass" out of "u" (in this case said assistant manager) and "me" (played by yours truly).

No comments: