Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday....At Home!

This is a situation very unique to my new career; being home on a bank holiday. Having spent the majority of my working life in the restaurant business in some shape or form I typically found myself working most holidays. Early on in my restaurant career it did not bother me at all...it was just an other day, and most of my friends were in the industry anyway.

Then came the family.

These holidays were no longer just an other day, but opportunities to spend time with Robin, Nora, and Nigel. Well, missed opportunities that is.

Now that I work for a college I have many of these holidays off, today being one of them. To the general observer, we did nothing special with this day off. Robin and I watched the newest episode of Sherlock in the morning and were joined by the children about halfway through. We all had separate breakfasts before Robin, Nora, and Nigel went to Mu Sool Wan, and I hit the basement for my workout which was followed by a run. The afternoon found the kiddos spending with their cousin's, Sofie & Pete, and Robin and I home alone.

Not a lot of quality time there.

However, just the fact I have been home has been wonderful. We are all back under one roof now. Nigel is putting together his new Lego Technic car, and Nora is practicing her piano. It is great just to be present and able to see and hear the activity.

The quality of life improvement this new career has provided for me and the family is priceless.

Thank you Eureka College.

Speaking of new careers and Eureka College: I kinda had a big year. I will catch you up on the year that was 2013 in the Robinson house during the course of my future writings.

Oh, and I have not forgotten. I alluded to the grip inertia seems to have on my running. I'll get to that.

Until then....

Cheers

No comments: