Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rolling Now

I got it going on now. I am managing to blog on a fairly consistent basis again and I have risen to my rightful place as the top individual fund raiser for the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. (Click here to support a winner.) Thank you very much to those who supported me last year and have continued to do so this year.

Speaking of running, I seem to be in a bit of a groove there as well. I am following a training program that combines speed work and mileage in order to obtain your personal best in a 5K. I am using it to get ready for the Turkey Trot 4 mile run on Nov 22nd. The top 2 finishers in each age group win a turkey and a trophy. Now I love Thanksgiving turkey, but can you imagine how much better a major award turkey would taste? I have a real shot this year.

Staying on the athletic front, Nora has a big day this coming Saturday. That will be her first day of park district basketball. For girls her age they do a series of clinics every Saturday through Dec as opposed to trying to play games. They will teach and stress the fundamentals so the kids have a better skill level and understanding of the game. I am sure that will make the games next year a bit more enjoyable. Nora is very excited and I cannot wait to watch.

Oh, one final thing...

"V" was awesome!

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris will be 'Trotting' in, #1 or 2, we are sure and, son, you'd better save some of that 'award' turkey for us!!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

For the son who kept me awake (and hungry) for the entire day on Thanksgiving Day 37 years ago, I can only wish you the best in your Turkey Trot endeavor because you ARE my FAVORITE turkey of all time!

Love,
Mom