Wednesday, November 11, 2009

State of the Brewin'

As pointed out by cousin Adrian there has been little to no mention of my home brewing as of late. There is a very good reason for that. I have not been brewing. I am both distraught and very thirsty. Normally I do not do much brewing in the summer as the hours of boiling water tends to heat up the house. However, since the start of the fall season I have not yet got into the groove. I am in need of inspiration.

I want to make my Honey Wheat again and either a stout or porter. My biggest road block has been having both the ingredients and or access to them at the same time as I have the time to brew. Oh what to do. I shall ponder this over a cup of coffee.
e
If you have any suggestions throw them at me. Do not forget to check out my Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis pag. I am still the top fund raiser but want to do more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this has nothing to do with your desire to brew beer, but I hope the cake you are making turns out perfectly! It is not quite the same as brewing, but you can eat it with a coffee 'brew' and thoroughly enjoy it with your friends. Good luck as you start to make it. Hope the results are fantastic.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you haven't given up on such a worthy hobby. I just wish I enjoyed beer enough to sample it with you. Now, if you ever make hard cider, I'll be there in a whip! And that's another story. MIL

Adrian said...

A coffee stout sounds delightful during the winter months. I really liked Founders Breakfast Stout.

Maybe get the ingredients and keep them cold till you have the time to start a new batch?
How long can you store hops?

-Adrian