Friday, April 16, 2010

Tomorrow It Begins

Tomorrow is my first race of the year. I am running the Eureka Heart House 4-mile run. This race is pretty special to me. It is the first race in which I placed. Last year I ran a 27:56 and came in 3rd in my age group. This year I am looking for a repeat performance if not better. Much like last year most of my training thus far has focused on the U of I half marathon. Light on speed work, heavy on the mileage. It worked out well for me last year and I have no reason to think it will not give me similar results this year. I am very excited.

In addition to running in the race I am also helping out with the post race picnic. The organizers provide a meal of hot dogs, potato salad, cookies, etc... for all runners and their families. Our churches men's group is setting up, cooking and serving. I will be involved in the setup. Should be a good morning.

After the race is opening day for our minor league baseball team, the Peoria Chiefs. We are taking the kids and spending the afternoon at the ballpark. I am not sure who is more excited, the kids or me.

All in all we are in for a great day with plenty of photo opps.

Cheers

No comments: