Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lesson Learned

One of my friends warned me not to egg on Wednesday. She told me that Wednesday was a tough S.O.B. and was ready to rumble. I did not heed the warning. I talked a lot of smack, got up in Wednesday's face and dared it to give me its worst. Why on why did I not listen to my dear friend Barbie?

Wednesday sucker punched me with time stoppage. I still have no idea how it pulled it off, but it did. It took no less than 6 hours to travel along the time line between 9 a.m and 10 a.m. Lesson learned. I shall never, ever talk trash to Wednesday again. As for Thursday....

Spring is officially upon us. The kids are on Spring break. They got out of school today at 11:10 a.m., and will not go back until Monday the 12th. Since it is not chronologically possible for me to be in school still, I ask the question, why did I not become a teacher? What a life.

I have recently been pondering the concept of gratification. It seems most of the "kids these days" only believe in the instant variety. They are truly missing out. Is there actually satisfaction without effort? Can you be pleased with your results when they are derived from little work and or the doings of others? No, you cannot. To prove my point may I offer running races as an example?

“There is no glory in training, but there is no glory without training.” Once you enter a race no one is going to carry you to the finish. No one is going to help you push through the wall at mile 5 of your 10k. It is all on you. You have to put in the miles all by yourself. You have to sweat it out and do the work. Lack of preparation, dedication and motivation will bite you in the ass. Once you commit yourself to the work, do it and accomplish that goal, there is no better feeling. Finishing a race whether you are first, last or somewhere in the middle there is no better sense of accomplishment. The same can be said for life in general. Put in the work and you will be greatly rewarded.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you become a teacher? Give me about a month and I'll fill you in. Trust me when I say the breaks aren't worth it. :-)