Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bailed

Todays entry was going to revolve around our church's Maundy Thursday service and my role in it. There has been a change in plans and thus a change in topic. Let me explain.

Our mens group had an idea to do a live re-enactment of the Last Supper. There was to be the 12 disciples, Jesus, and a narrator. I believe only the narrator and Jesus had any speaking parts. The disciples were just props, for lack of a better word. I did not really have any interest in this at all. I am a traditionalist when it comes to church. So, I kept my head down on this one and hoped the day would come and go without my involvement. No such luck.

On Thursday evening I received a call from Jesus, no less, asking me for my participation as a disciple. Now, what I am about to tell you must NEVER be used against me. If you ask me to help move a mattress, dig a ditch, watch your kids, be a disciple, I am going to say yes. This situation was no different. I mean Jesus called. Like I am going to say no. Rehearsal was to be this Sunday at 4 pm.

When I got to church today things were pretty disorganized. A bunch of guys all milling about looking for direction. The driving force behind this production did not seem to be interested in taking charge. Did I mention there were a bunch of guys there? We only needed 14 in total and counting me there were 15. Did I mention that Jesus and one of the other guys who I knew was taking part were not going to be there? That puts the total up to 17. So, I took the logical course of action. Ate a cookie and bailed without saying a word. I felt a bit guilty, but the Duke - Baylor game is helping me cope. I hope you all can find it in your hearts to not think less of me.

Hmmm. Turns out that even with the change in plans the post topic remained the same.

Cheers

No comments: