Monday, October 6, 2008

Not hangin' Them Up

Back on September 14th I said that I was most likely done with races for the year. Well, I just can't seem to shake the bug just yet. I have two more on the schedule.

On November 23rd I am going to take part in the 38th annual Peoria Turkey Trot. It is a 4 mile run, and just happens to be the Peoria areas oldest running race. The top two overall finishers and the top two in each age division will win a free turkey compliments of Kroger. Thanksgiving dinner is on me this year!

Then on December 6th I am going to take part in the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis. This is a benefit run for arthritis and I figure by the time i am done with this running thing years from now I may have some achy joints. So, I better give back while I can. Stay tuned.

As with all of my runs this year I will again call upon the powers of various superheros. I am not sure who yet, but the usual suspects will be up for consideration.

Hope all my readers are well...

Cheers

No comments: