Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hey, Whaddya Know...

...It's raining!

I am going to look on the bright side of life. Due to the wind and rain the vast majority of our leaves are on the ground. I have only had to rake the yard 2.5 times this year and at the rate the leaves are coming down I only see 1.5 more times in my future. Granted, it will be very hard work, but it will be done.

I spent most of the day Sunday, 9:30 - 2:30 with a half hour lunch, raking. By Monday morning the was very little evidence of my efforts. Today, there is very little visual evidence of grass in our yard.

I should not complain about the leaves. They provide so much shade in the warmer months that we really save on air conditioning. I will just chalk it up to the pride of ownership.

Speaking of complaints, I do have one. I hate cleaning out the gutters. I know, who doesn't. However, in my case the leaves do make the gutter cleaning at my house a special kind of h-e-double hockey sticks. To make it even worse, my ladder broke last week while I was cleaning. Fortunately, I notice prior to it completely splitting in two and sending me through the window. Back to the bright side of life, I got to stop cleaning the gutters.

Have I mentioned that I am running in the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis? Throw me a bone (or donation) people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't get out of cleaning gutters that easiy! Drive your "big red truck" over to our house and borrow our ladder. It's aluminum and won't split. MIL

Anonymous said...

Aluminum isn't always all it could be. I bent my aluminium ladder severely when my leg got caught between rungs as I fell off the ladder onto the fiberglass septic lid (thank the pooh gods for the bouncing) while removing the gutters. Who needs them?

Norm Deplume said...

Our ladder is aluminum. The thing cracked right in two. Who knew that was possible?

Anonymous said...

I am truly pleased to know that you were not injured! Pride of ownership has lots of responsibilities - glad to see you are 'owning' up to them whatever the dangers involved. Take care of yourself!! Love, Mom