Thursday, October 29, 2009

If A Tree Fell In The Woods...

...and there was no one there, would it still make a sound?

By the same token, if someone trips, falls over backwards and there is no one there to see it, is it still funny?

The answer is a resounding, YES! Cracked myself up good; funny bone wise no actual cracked bones. Now several of my long time readers may remember my Belly Flop post from last year. Now this is no belly flop fall, but still funny none the less.

I was in the warehouse getting ready to separate a shipment onto separate pallets. I placed a stack on the floor and proceeded to remove the plastic wrap from the main pallet. As I was pulling the loose wrap away I took a step back. My foot came down on the edge of the pallets I had put on the floor. Obviously I lost my balance. In an effort to regain said balance I took a step back with my other foot. Anyone care to guess where that foot landed? Needless to say I went over the pallets backwards sending the contents of my pockets skidding across the warehouse floor.

Quickly I looked around to see if anyone had witnessed my display of grace. No such luck. I alone was there to enjoy my spill. So, I decided to make the most of it. I laid there for a moment and had a good laugh. Then, at the first possible chance, I told anyone who would listen my tale of coordination.

One would think that my story would end there. No, oh no my friends, it does not. After stacking the product up on one of my stacked pallets, I lifted it up with my forklift and prepared to drive it to the cooler. I drove into the stack of pallets. No worries, no damage.

Wait, there is more. At this point I was down to one pallet on my fork lift and one on the floor. I grabbed two cases of lettuce and began to walk around the pallet on my lift to place the upon it. Tripped over the pallet, again. This time, as I had got a lot of practice in, I was able to maintain my balance and not eat the floor. I think these pallets had it out for me.

The rest of the day went off with no further incident.

Thanks to Jim and Karen for the donation. I am off and running now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that! MIL

Anonymous said...

Physical Critical. Intellectual Critical. Same day. Check your biorhythms.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you now know how I felt when you left your toy telephone on the floor all these many years ago. I stepped with my left foot and hit the receiver. When I reached out with my right foot for balance, I hit the main part of the phone and crashed to the floor. Since I was holding Brett at the time, he got a dislocated shoulder from the fall. Both of my feet hurt horribly so Aunt Karen took all of us to the ER room where they proceeded to wrap the wrong foot (after X-raying both of them!) After a whole boat load of mistakes, I'm glad we can all report that everything turned out okay - BUT - you should be on the lookout for evil pallets!

Love, Mom