Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Belly Flop

Wow, you guys missed a good one today. It was so good that it will be the sole topic of my blog.

After doing a walk through for the inspection at work, I found that we were in need of a few items that I could pick up at a local do-it-yourself warehouse called, Menards. I tied up a few loose ends at work and off I went.

Upon entering Menards I was greeted by a sight that jogged my memory. Menards was closing and moving to a new location. Everything remaining in the store was 40% off, so, I figured if they had what I needed it would be cheap.

I began my shopping, staring at the bare shelves, and not really paying attention where I was going. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a long green line about 3 feet wide on the floor. Just one of those stripes that stores seem to paint on the floor to help you through. At least that was my assumption until I found myself flying to the ground, both arms straight up above my head, in perfect belly flop form. Fortunately I was able to get my arms in position to protect my beautiful face prior to slamming into the green raised platform.

Yes, several bargain shoppers saw my little move. I was laughing so hard that I am sure a few of them thought I was really hurt. Only one person asked my if I was ok. I responded, "the only thing bruised is my ego". I continued on my way laughing all the way though the store and have not really stopped laughing yet. My only hope is that the actual sight of me flopping was as funny as the one in my head.

Cheers

P.S. Our T.V. has been dying a slow death so we decided to act before it was too late. I picked up a 27" Phillips TrueFlat digital tube t.v. for under $250. Didn't feel like spending the extra $500 for the plasma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it was half as funny as the picture I have in MY head, believe me, the onlookers will have something to tell their children about.

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Nothing funnier than people falling down. : )I must apologize for upsetting you with my anti-Beatles rhetoric.   As you know, last night was another Beatles night on AI.  I groaned.  Seriously, I CAN'T be the only person that doesn't love the Beatles, can I?????  I will concede that they were quite amazing songwriters.  Just not a sound I love.  Of the 4,252 songs in my iTunes library (439.1 days!) not a one is by the Beatles.  If we can no longer be friends, I understand. ;)