Friday, April 11, 2008

Advice For A Dreary Workday

This whole Monday to Friday workweek still makes me giddy and I cannot fathom how anyone could complain about such a glorious schedule. However, when you throw in a windy, gloomy, chilly day in the spring, at the end of a long week...I understand how some may get a bit down.

The solution....

Wear a Hawaiian shirt (or as I call them big fat party guy shirt) to work. When co-workers ask tell them you are on vacation. The benefits to this are limitless. First of all I challenge anyone not to smile when they see someone at work in a big fat party guy shirt. It is not possible. Secondly, when you tell people you are on vacation, and offer no further explanation as to your presence at work, they view you with great admiration and ask very little of you all day. Further more, your disposition is much sunnier due to all the smiles, looks of admiration and lack of added responsibility.

So, my advice to you is next time you are feeling down about going to work, put on a big fat party guy shirt and have a vacation day at work.



Bill Lumbergh: Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

On the beer front...I may crack open one of my New Moons for a trial taste this weekend.

Cheers

No comments: