Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Beans

I am glad to say dinner was much less adventurous tonight, no hail. Just rice and beans at Nora and Nigel's request. Robin is at choir practice and then a potluck, so it is just the kids and I. We are dining in front of the T.V. while being entertained by Spider-man, the cartoon. If my guess is right we will follow it with an Iron Man episode. Life is good.

We have a big weekend coming up. It is the annual Eureka city wide garage sale. We will proudly display our goods and ware in hopes of making a mint. That may be a bit of a stretch. Maybe I should back my hopes down to just getting rid of some unwanted items. In addition to the sale Robin has another wedding to coordinate so I will man the sale for a while. No Worries, I am up for the challenge.

On to the word of the day...

This week's theme: words related to beards.

dundrearies (dun-DREER-eez) noun

Long flowing sideburns.

[After the bushy sideburns worn by actor Edward A. Sothern who played the
part of Lord Dundreary in the play Our American Cousin (1858), written by
Tom Taylor (1817-1880). This was the play being performed at Ford's Theatre
in Washington DC during which Abraham Lincoln was shot.]

No comments: