Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday In Review

First of all I must give credit where credit is due. My observation of the e-mail address being your internet super highway license plate was made by Robin.
Whew!
Glad I got that off my chest. Now on to the day.

We went to Sam's Club today for our monthly stock piling of essentials like coffee, pasta, mixed nuts, etc... The wandering around shopping and people watching was pretty mundane this time. Usually you can get some good blog fodder just by looking at the people and their carts. I thought the trip was going to be a bust, outside of our purchases, until we heard this gem on the way out.

I will set the scene and players.
Setting: Exit area of Sam's
Players: The two women checking your receipt.
Action: The afore mentioned women carrying on a conversation while pretending to compare
our purchases to our receipt.
Now...action...
Checker #1: I really prefer my hot wings boneless.
Checker #2: Me too. My husband likes his with the bones. Hey have you heard the latest on
Stacey Peterson? They found a body ya know.

I cannot think of a better segue to the discovery of a human body that a discussion on the pros and cons of bone in vs. boneless wings.

If it hadn't been for that horse I never would have spent that year in college.

I think that is enough to ponder for the day. Wish me luck. I am going to brew tomorrow.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We heard once if you use brown sugar in your brew it would have more kick. We tried it but I wasn't a brew drinker then, however, my brother thot it was good. The concoction before adding yeast tasted like horehound candy, the nastiest stuff you ever put in your mouth, next to vanilla extract.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I appreciate the horse comment : )